After a weekend of fun and frolics, the Arapahoe Basin Ski Area season, which was extended because of fantastic late snow falls in Colorado, finally came to an end on Sunday (11 June).
Closing Day was full of costumes, pond skimming on Lake Reveal, tunes from the resort favourite local band High 5 in the base area, and lots of smiling faces.
Photos: Dave Camara/Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
A-Basin’s 2016-17 season by the numbers:
* Approximately 373 inches of snow for the season
* 230 days of operation (we opened for the season all the way back on October 21, 2016)
* That means A-Basin was open for skiing over 60% of the regular year (365 days)
* Nearly 40,000 A-Basin Bloody Marys sold (with 204 orders for an extra strip of bacon!)
* Over $40,000 raised during fundraising events (Beacon Bowl, Save Our Snow and The Enduro)